Capacity Building “Strengthening the Risk Management Practices of Development Financial Institutions”
(Joint Training Program, collaboration with BNM)
Date : 28 & 29 August 2017 (Monday & Tuesday)
Venue : Lanai Kijang, Bank Negara Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Time : 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
This 2 days’ facilitator led course will focus on sharing best practices in risk management, expectations of regulatory bodies and issues surrounding risk management practices. Participants are expected to share the issues surrounding risk management through mini workshop/ case studies and interactive group discussions.
- Enable management to manage day-to-day business operations consistent with the appropriate risk strategies;
- Support the development of a sound risk management framework that is effective for controlling risk-taking activities by putting in place effective risk management tools and internal controls;
- Enhance the resources’ skills and knowledge in risk management for effective implementation of the risk management framework;
- Elevate the Boards’ ability in performing risk oversight function; and
- Promote the DFIs’ safety and soundness in serving the strategic sectors in a sustainable manner.
- Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Risk Governance
- Operational Risk
- Conduct Risk
MR. CHOO YEE KWAN retired in July 2014 after having served the banking and risk management industry for 38 years. His last post was as Country Chief Risk Officer for OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad, having first joined the OCBC Group in December 2007. He had also served as the Alternate to the Chief Executive Officer of OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad. He currently serves as an Independent Non-Executive Director of HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad as its Chairman of the Risk Committee.